Flying fish spread in the shape of the curve. Some species are designed by hip ropes like two wings with two pairs,but the flying fish is entirely different when compared with others.Exocoetidae is the scientific name of the flying fish. The close relatives of the flying fish are needle fish, half beaks, and sauries. One of the most common species in the flying fish is Barbados.
It consumes mackerel, tuna, swordfish, marlin, and some other larger fish. The younger ones take a variety of foods, including plankton. While swimming through the water, they will close the needles. It is one of the most interesting types of fish, can fly over the air. It gives high preference to the Atlantic, Pacific, and the Indian Ocean. It was highly hunted by the angler. Some of the exciting things to be known about the flying fish are seen below:
Interesting facts about the flying fish:
- The flying fish belongs to a family of marine fish; it can able to make powerful, self-propelled leaps out of the water.
- The length of the flying fish is 7 to 12 inches long; it completely depends upon the species. The upper side of the body and the belly are covered with a bluish-grey color and greyish-silver color.
- The upper and lower tail of the flying fish is varied. The length of the lower tail is high. Other species can be covered with two wings,but the flying fish has torpedo, which is entirely closed while swimming through the water.
- They cannot be able to fly like a bird; it does not have two wings with two pair to fly. It can have the capacity to operate 37 miles per hour under the water. If it achieves enough speed, then jumps out of the water and fly outside using its wings.
- If you like fly fishing you need a special type of fishing rods grab the best one on flannelfishermen and also check more detail about fly fishing.
- Without rest, it can have the ability to travel a distance of 1.312 feet and also easily escapes from the predators.
- The flying fish are mostly hunted during the night by using light, why because it is highly sensitive and easily attracted by the light.
Important characteristics of the flying fish:
- During the mating season, the flying fish can deposit a large number of eggs near the surface of the ocean. The young flying fishes look like underwater plants,and it is most vulnerable. The length of the lower jaw of younger ones is bigger than the body. The lifetime of flying fish is nearly 5 years in the wild.
- Some of them said the flying fish are dangerous and poisonous to eat. However, the real fact is, the fishes nearer the seashore are normally considered as the poisonous one. When it comes out of from the water means you can able to eat.
- It does not have a lung to breath; it takes the oxygen by using their gills through the blood. However, the flying fish mostly lived outside the seashore so, it does not create a problem after eat.